A free one month valid visa renewable for three months is granted at the airport and the border centers, for the citizens of the following countries coming for tourism:
Andorra – Antigua and Barbuda – Argentina – Armenia – Australia – Austria – Azerbaijan – The Bahamas – Barbados – Belarus – Belgium – Belize – Bhutan – Brazil – Bulgaria – Canada – Chile – China Rep – Czech Republic – Costa Rica – Croatia – Cyprus – Denmark(**) – Dominican Republic – Estonia – Finland – France – Great Britain(**) – Georgia – Germany – Greece – Hong Kong – Hungary – Iceland – Ireland – Islamic Republic of Iran – Italy – Japan – Kazakhstan – Kyrgyzstan – Latvia – Lithuania – Liechtenstein – Luxembourg – Macedonia – Macau (S A R) – Malaysia – Malta – Mexico – Moldova – Monaco – Montenegro – Netherlands (**) – New Zealand – Norway – Palau – Panama – Peru – Poland(*) – Portugal – Russia – Romania – Saint Kitts & Nevis – Samoa – San Marino – Serbia– Singapore – Slovakia – Slovenia – South Korea – Spain – Sweden – Switzerland – Tajikistan – Turkmenistan – USA – Ukraine (*) – Uzbekistan –Venezuela –Yugoslavia.
Entry visa for Turkish citizens
Turkish citizens coming for tourism – shall be granted a three months entry visa on all border departments and centers, this visa can only be renewed one month from its expiry date.
Turkish bus and truck drivers and their assistants in addition to Turkish civil airplanes and ship cabin crew are granted free three months multiple entries, entry visas that can only be renewed one month after their date of expiry.
- Concerning the citizens of Thailand, they are not allowed to obtain direct entry visas at border departments and centers, except for:
1- Those who are holding diplomatic passports.
2- Those who are residing in Syria according to a yearly residence and coming for the purpose of tourism.
- Holders of diplomatic passports, special passports and service passports, (issued by the Cypriot Authorities) are exempted from the charges of an entry visa.
(*) Ukrainian citizens holding “Travel Document of Child” whose age is under eighteen are granted a free one month valid visa renewable for three months at the airport and the border centers.
(*)The Poland citizen holding a Temporary Passport are granted a free one month valid visa renewable for three months at the airport and the border centers and this is similar to ordinary passport holders.
(**) The Netherlands, Denmark and Great Britain citizens holding an Emergency Passport are granted a free one month valid visa renewable for three months at the airport and the border centers and this is similar to ordinary passport holders.
The Required Documents
Passport of the traveler.
A- The visa’s validity is extended within the above mentioned period upon attendance of the concerned person for that purpose to one of the regional General Security districts. It is forbidden to extend the validity for more than three months for this category.
B- Mechanism of regulation of Arabs and Foreigners situations who violated tourism visa dispositions click here
C- Any alteration concerning the address given by the passenger, whether related to the hotel reservation or the private address given will lead to the arrestment and deportation of the passenger unless he or she has previously notified the General Directorate of General Security of that alteration.
D- The entry of females who have previously worked as artists or masseuses, whatever their age or the period they stayed outside Lebanon, is subject to a preapproval from the General Directorate of General Security.
E- The following cases are exempted from all the conditions concerning the address, the round trip ticket, and the preapproval from the General Directorate of General Security:
- The wife of a Lebanese man, who didn’t work previously as an artist or a masseuse, after presenting a document proving the marriage.
- The wife of a Palestinian refugee in Lebanon or a holder of a valid identity card under consideration and who didn’t work previously as an artist or a masseuse, after presenting a document asserting the marriage.
- The wife of a Syrian man accompanying him and who didn’t work previously as an artist or masseuse in Lebanon, provided that the marriage is registered on the husband’s family register or by presenting a document proving the marriage.
- Women who didn’t work previously as artists or masseuses in Lebanon, accompanying their husband, their child, one of their parents, brothers.
- The mother in law of a Lebanese man, after presenting a document asserting the kinship.
- Women coming among official delegations, or those holding private, special or diplomatic passports.
- The wife of a Lebanese man who has previously worked as an artist or a masseuse and left Lebanon for a period of more than one year, if she is accompanied by one or more of her children from this marriage after presenting the documents proving the marriage.
- The wife of a foreigner non Arabic man who has previously worked as an artist or a masseuse and had left Lebanon for a period more than one year, provided that she is in his company and that she holds a document proving the marriage.
- People entering Lebanon via direct, previous, or consulate visas are allowed to enter the Syrian territories and to return to Lebanon within the period of the visa’s validity and for a duration of 5 days